Saturday, December 24, 2011

R2D2 - Holoprojector (Prototype)


Before I started building my droid I decided that it would do everything Artoo does in the films (IV, V, VI). Which of course means it must be able to project the Leia message, even if it's only 2D. I bought an old (1950's) single slide projector off ebay for just over £6, took the LCD screen from a small MP4 player I had laying around, put it where the slide goes and the result can be seen above. This is only a proof on concept - that you can just put an LCD in a slide projector to make a video projector. The case is far too heavy and the bulb is FAR too hot to use in the droid. I plan to remake the case in acrylic or wood, and replace the bulb with a more efficient LED light source. Original video used for projection: www.youtube.com

Promo Culligan Softener New Frye Boots Melissa Promotions Carters Baby Clothing




No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Fran�ais Deutsch Italiano Portugu�s
Espa�ol ??? ??? ?????







Sponsor Links